WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), highlighted a variety of resources that are available for Nebraskans who have been impacted by the recent natural disaster. This information is also featured on the homepage of Fischer’s website. A comprehensive list and explanation of these resources are included below:



Individuals living in Boone, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Colfax, Custer, Dodge, Douglas, Knox, Nemaha, Richardson, Sarpy, Saunders, Thurston, and Washington counties, and the Santee Sioux Nation have the opportunity to apply for Individual Disaster Assistance.  This will provide help to individuals and families who have lost their homes. Visit for more information and to begin the application process.

Nebraskans who live in or own a business in Boone, Buffalo, Butler, Cass, Colfax, Custer, Dodge, Douglas, Knox, Nemaha, Richardson, Sarpy, Saunders, Thurston, and Washington counties, and the Santee Sioux Nation may qualify for tax relief. Learn more by contacting Nebraska’s local IRS here.

Some homeowners and renters may also qualify for Small Business Administration loans to repair disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles. Click here for more information.

The Nebraska Emergency Management Agency website is the best resource for current conditions, damage assessment, and steps to take after returning home.

Cities, Counties, and Tribes:

FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) grant program provides federal assistance to government organizations and certain private nonprofit (PNP) organizations following a Presidential disaster declaration. PA provides grants to state, tribal, territorial, and local governments, and certain types of PNP organizations so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies. Click here for more.


The Department of Agriculture has provided a list of disaster relief resources for farmers and ranchers in Nebraska. Included in the list is contact information for  USDA’s Farm Service Agency offices that are located throughout the state and provide assistance to Nebraska ag producers. They can also provide assistance with the Livestock Indemnity Program and reporting lost machinery.

The Nebraska Farm Bureau and the Nebraska Cattlemen have also provided a portal for disaster assistance to help members of the ag community that have been affected by this storm. Click here for the Nebraska Farm Bureau assistance page and here for the Nebraska Cattlemen assistance page.


As a result of the emergency declaration, Nebraska businesses can now apply for low-interest federal disaster loans. These loans are provided through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and can be used to help repair the damages to their businesses. The application filing deadline for physical damage is May 20, 2019. More information from the SBA’s fact sheet.

Apply for a Disaster Loan Assistance here.


Nebraska veterans who need assistance with financial aid in the wake of the 2019 flooding, including with utility bills and hotel and food costs should contact their County Veteran Service Officer. Veterans are encouraged to fill out an application for funding through the Nebraska Department of Veterans Affairs. Click here for more information. 

For additional information on different veterans services, click here.

Q&A on Farm Service Agency Flood Response Programs in Nebraska

Nebraskans who have questions regarding the USDA's Farm Service Agency's flood-related programs can find helpful information and answers here